Generally, I don’t like to post about properties I haven’t visited in person. Now that I finally have been to 733 Front, I’m happy to share what I know and thought.
In a nutshell, 733 Front goes down as one of my favorite new developments for many reasons. The biggest being the use of the European cabinetry in a bold burgundy color. So nice! (Sorry, I forgot my camera.) The cabinets also open like a “garage door”, meaning you pull and they go up, not to the side. The drawers don’t slam, and the microwave is in a drawer. Very cool. The cabinetry makes the kitchen look smooth, sleak, and very modern. I also really liked the two bedroom corner unit on the 3rd floor with south east views to the square. The wood floors were great, as were the nice glass tiles in the bathrooms. The sales staff was friendly and answered pretty much anything I asked, but I promised not to divulge some information.
What I didn’t like was the use of electric cooktops, but the Thermador ranges 733 Front has chosen would be just fine for most, myself included, and you can’t do gas in a conversion building like this. I also didn’t like the parking situation. You’d think for $600,000 you’d get a parking spot, but I guess that is what is becoming of our city. If it encourages people to use public transit and/or (Gasp!) walk, then more power to them. I wasn’t terribly impressed with some of the Junior 1, and 1 bedroom units. They felt cramped. But they did have nice natural light and large windows.
Now for some bullets and details: click “keep reading”
- Sales Center: 733 Front Street @ Broadway, Open Daily 11am-6pm, except Thursdays 12pm-9pm, CLOSED WEDNESDAYS.
- Telephone: 415-956-9201
- Website: www.733frontsf.com
- (Damn it’s hard to do this with the Warrior game playing.)
- 69 Units
- Junior 1 bedrooms: approx 632-634 square feet; priced at $605,000, $610,000; and $625,000
- 1 bedrooms: approx 719-1192 square feet; priced from $550,000-$1MM
- 2 bedroom: approx 1062-1924 square feet; priced from $1,025,000-$2.5MM
- Their sales office opened on May 12th.
- 17 reservations have been made (30%), with a $5000 refundable deposit.
- Close of Escrow and Move in scheduled for July-August.
- Unit #603 (a very sweet 2 bed corner unit with killer views) will accept a “closed bid” on May 22nd! Think $2.5MM. It’s sweet!
- 40 Parking Spaces, which means 29 units will be left without parking.
- Parking spaces are divied up according to price of the unit…the more expensive, the more likely to get a spot (generally above $900,000).
- You may forfeit your parking space and receive a $75,000 reduction in purchase price.
- A shared automobile solution might be in the works.
- So far the buyer profile is largely second home purchases and “pied-a-terres”…no surprise and a very solid reason why our market and these new developments continue to sell briskly.
- The larger units have a very nice open floor plan/living area, many of which have very high ceilings (10ft.) great light and many with great views
- The smaller units felt a bit cramped but nothing out of the ordinary for these new developments.
- The views from the upper floors in any direction are very, very nice. Either city/Transamerica views, or Bay (Angel Island to Ferry Building).
- “All homes are pre-networked and feature HNC panels (Hubbel Home Network Panel Communication Center).
- My favorite part and what puts 733 Front on top of my list as far as new developments, were the kitchens. Finally some color! And damnit, I forgot my camera.
- Kitchen Features:
- “Contemporary European lacquer cabinetry designed by Schuller (color: burgundy)
- Caesar Stone quartz countertops (color: Ann Sacks Misty Carrera)
- Refined Junkers ‘Natural Beauty’ wood floors (colors: Maple, American Cherry, Walnut, Pecan, Santos Mahogany, Merban, Jatoba, Teak, Bamboo, Espresso)
- Bosch, Thermador, Sharp appliances; Electric Ranges (no gas!)
- Danze kitchen faucets
- Elkay Elumina under-mounted sink
- Prescolite 6- and 4-inch down lights.”
- Bathroom Features:
- “Shuller Cabinetry (color: Espresso Stain)
- Porcelain Floor Tiles (color: Ann Sacks Soft Cream)
- Marble Counters
- Ann Saks Glass Tiles
- Artemide Telefo 70 Wall Mounted Luminaire lighting system
- Danze Classic Chrome Faucets and Fixtures
- Kohler hourglass bathtub with a Frameless 3/16″ glass enclosure and chrome hardware
- Toto Ultimate Toilet with soft-close seat
- Ladena undercounter mounted sinks
- Lacava pedestal sinks in guest baths
- double sinks in most homes”
- Attended Lobby
- State of the art fitness center
- Sky Lounge (SWEET views up there)
- Two landscaped courtyards.
Finally, you can’t beat this location. Minutes from the Financial District, North Beach, SOMA, the Embarcadero, Ferry Building, Telegraph Hill, China Town, and so much more, you really can’t go wrong. If you’re looking for that city living with the old San Francisco charm in a modern unit, this could be the place for you. I really liked these units, and I’d buy one in a heartbeat if I had the extra cash.
–A Home You Need to See (Pacific Coast Builders) [sfn BLOG, First Look!]
–More New Development Information [sfn BLOG]
–The Skinny On the Grand (Soma Grand) [sfn BLOG]
–733 Front Street: The Renderings [sfn BLOG]