In San Francisco, the Seller typically pays the transfer tax. Be sure to calculate transfer tax when considering selling your home, and be sure to contact us to help you get it sold.
The Transfer Tax Rate for the City and County of San Francisco, payable upon transfer of Real Property, is calculated as follows:
- More than $100 but less than/equal to $250,000 $2.50 for each $500 or portion thereof
- More than $250,000 but less than $1,000,000 $3.40 for each $500 or portion thereof
- $1,000,000 or more but less than $5,000,000 $3.75 for each $500 or portion thereof
- $5,000,000 or more but less than $10,000,000 $11.25 for each $500 or portion thereof
- $10,000,000 or more but less than $25,000,000 $13.75 for each $500 or portion thereof
- $25,000,000 or more $15.00 for each $500 or portion thereof
What should I expect to pay in transfer tax?
We are experts at helping clients sell their homes for top dollar. We can help you too. Hit that contact link up top, or drop our founder an email at [email protected] and we’ll start the dialogue.