Mission District “Is Our Backyard”-Says Potrero Hill
Every so often older posts get comments that are so good, I just can’t pass up posting them right front and center on the home page. This one came in on an old post we did about La Mission District and just how cool it is.
Sorry Mission District, according to this Potrero Hill reader you’re nothing more than their “backyard”.
Potrero Hill is SF’s best neighborhood TO LIVE IN for these reasons:
1) VIEWS – don’t have one? Step outside, you get one every time you head towards any of the other neighborhoods or just to get a cup of Farley’s coffee. Can’t do that? Watch a commercial or movie, it’s likely it includes a scene shot from here.
2) PARKING – every one of the other neighborhoods has you looking and wishing you could drink and drive while looking.
3) SUNSHINE – if we don’t have it, neither do you. If we do, you probably don’t.
4) PROXIMITY – 280, 101, 80 and trains and the #10 make getting up and down the peninsula or to the East Bay, or to the beach or along the Embarcadero or FiDi or the ballpark a snap. Bernal, Bayview, Glen Park, Mission, Noe, Castro, Soma – are all neighbors, in fact La Mission is our backyard. Every thing else is really minutes ‘cept for the Golden Gate Bridge or Golden Gate Park which really is meant for a lovely drive anyway.
5) COMMUNITY – it’s tight and effective and gets more and more inclusive vs. many of the other conformist, hands-off-the-merchandise ‘hoods. This means childless hipsters, muralist breeders, biogeneticists, game designers, street soldiers, old-timers, turistas, baristas and anything with paws come together for the Good Life. And it’s small enough that everyone knows your name, “my friend”.
–San Francisco’s Coolest Neighborhood…La Mission, Hands Down [theFrontSteps]